Monday 17 November 2008

Pants!

Ah, so this is what happens when I say I won’t post for a while: I start sewing! Good news, I started on a few different projects last weekend (why can't I just do one at a time?). Remember the gorgeous fabrics I bought a few months ago? Well, I decided to finally start cutting, and found I have enough of the pinstripe for a complete work outfit of a jacket (KNIPmode October 2008) and a skirt (an old KNIPmode) ánd a pair of trousers (an old Burda, pattern numbers to follow). Unfortunately the pin stripe doesn’t marry up over the full length of the fabric, so I have cut the fabric into manageable pieces (no, I don’t pre-treat my fabrics, I start cutting and sewing right away: goes with my impatient nature), and will now face the challenge of matching the stripes and not go mad (again, my impatience...).

Anyway, I was looking at the TNT trouser pattern that I was planning to use, and found that I was really quite bored with it. However, I had not been able to find a new pattern that excited me enough to try it. Until this morning, when I read Stacy’s blog and found that not only did she show a pair of trousers that I really liked, but also: she decided to give the pattern away! Must be karma: I entered in the prize draw, and will let you know the result when it comes in: I will either be sewing my usual trousers (which you haven’t seen yet), or I will be using the newly discovered Jalie 2561.

No comments: