Wednesday 30 July 2008

Cat-astrophe

The 12 cubic foot bean bag refill we bought last weekend is meant to be used for a number of different shaped cushions, so I've been quite busy sewing them up in the past few days. There's a roll, a sweet-shaped cushion, a few square meter big ones, the lot! The pile-of-pillows (photo link added later) is growing on a daily basis, and I actually think I have (and have had) almost enough now.

The only project that I have not yet been able to finish is the cowchair, but that's because of the hundreds of upholstery nails that need to be removed before I can start building it up again. By doing a handful every day I've already taken out more than two-thirds of them, but that still leaves many to be done. And then the reupholstering! I think on Saturday I may actually just put the chair in the garden with the fabric thrown over it, and do the actual work after the party, when I have time to do it right.

Whilst sitting in the garden yesterday, doing some preparatory work on a little pouffe that needed to be filled still, I heard a noise inside the house. Since WM was not at home that struck me as odd, so I went to investigate and found the neighbours' cat in our kitchen (so much for trying to air out the house by opening all doors and windows)! The cat, as startled by my entry as I was by it being there, jumped out of the kitchen into our hallway, ran like a flash through my sewing room and out the open door into the garden, where a large plastic bag full of white little polystyrene balls was waiting. Not for the cat, but for me, obviously. Cat merely ran past it, but the bag, already open for me to use, tipped over (have no fear, that stuff weighs nothing; no animals were hurt in this production). A little gust of wind decided to show up right at that moment and carried thousands of tiny white balls into the air, creating a little typhoon. It was a party for one, and a few days early, oh well! Although I can't imagine this stuff being really environmentally friendly; I'm NOT going to vacuum the garden. No darling, I'm not.

No comments: