Saturday 16 August 2008

Puzzled

Yesterday I did some more pattern tracing, and I used an older KNIPmode (2001) than the one I used last week (2008). Firstly, it struck me that the colours on the 2001 tracing sheet were different: only light blue and red were used, whereas the 2008 sheet used green, red and black. Also, the way of finding the correct pattern part to trace seemed not as straightforward as I had just experienced with the newer issue.

This made me remember some of the really funny "mis-traced" parts that I sometimes ended up with a long time ago, so I went and had a look through my stack of KNIPmode (when it was still called Knip) and I found a coat pattern I saved from 1987. Yes, I know, ridiculously old, but a great pattern, and as the Dutch saying goes "Wie wat bewaart, die heeft wat" (ehm: don't throw it away, you may need it someday?)! And, to no surprise; in the "old days" the sheets were even more complicated! Have a look at the picture and spot the differences...it's ridiculous how complicated it was, and great to see how much improvement has been made over the years!

Anyway, after all this tracing I still need to get a load of fabrics so I can actually make something, so I'm off to Walthamstow market now!

1 comment:

Melissa Fehr Trade said...

oh WOW! The old Knip looks even more mind boggling than Patrones! I really think I would go bug-eyed from that...

And I'm glad to see you had a successful trip to Walthamstow! I've been there loooooads but I don't think I could tell you any names of any of the shops! I just know them by sight and location, hahah