Wednesday 13 August 2008

Things to do and people to see

Last weekend my WM and I visited a friend who lives close to Leeds, and on Sunday we managed to find some time to visit the textile town of Bradford before heading home again. We went to the textile mill and workers' village called Saltaire. The textile mill is a beautiful building that is on the UNESCO World Heritage list and has been converted into a contemporary arts center, containing a number of different art galleries and also restaurants and shops. I was surprised that their fabric collection (hidden in the basement) was a bit limited.

Yesterday I finally sat down at the front room table (it's just too cold and wet outside to use the table tennis table) and traced a few patterns.

On in London:
Until 4 January 2009 the V&A is hosting an exhibition called "Fashion v Sport". This exhibition explores the creative connections between the two worlds of fashion and sport and sounds like a fun idea for a rainy afternoon to me!

Liberty announced the relaunch of the Liberty sewing school. They're offering a range of special craft, knitting and sewing workshops from August to October for £35 per person per session.

1 comment:

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

I have not been to the V&A. It is first on my list next time I make it to London!